OUR 11 STEP PROCESS:
1. Thoroughly inspect of the rug.
2. Measure the rug.
3. Run the rug through our rug-dusting unit, which removes fine dirt, dead wool, and silt no vacuum could ever remove.
4. Thoroughly vacuum the rug.
5. The rug is pre-conditioned.
6. The rug is pre-spotted.
7. The fringes are cleaned and whitened by hand.
8. The rug is shampooed using a special buffered dry foam area rug shampoo.*
9. We then extract all the soap residue and emulsified soils from the rug with a neutral rinse, leaving the fibers residue-free.
10. The rug is then completely dried in a climate-controlled room.
11. The rug is vacuumed one final time, then rolled for pickup or delivery.
NOTE: Some methods may need to be altered for “special care rugs” such as dry-clean only rugs, silk rugs, etc.
PCSI also offers: Moth Proofing / Wrapping / Storage / Protectants / Pick Up and Delivery / Mending. We can also cut a variety of custom pads to size.